Sccm collections not updating update collection membership
Refresh doesn't do anything in my experience - clicking through another folder and back repeatedly until the update membership is done works. :)I think that the "update membership" button only re-evaluates membership that is based on a query. Sometimes they will come in almost instantly, and other times it can be a half hour. The next morning it was in the device collection though. there's also a tool for this in the you're using alot of collections with incremental updating and complicated rules, stop doing that. check the coll evaluator log for more clues - some collections take alot longer and you could just have some hogs in the way. Then I update membership on my departments all device collection after ten minutes or so, and the new ones appear, populating my specific device collections shortly after that. I'm not sure what the exact problem was or how it got fixed.Static collection SCCM is a group of devices or users which won’t get dynamically changed.
Static collections and Dynamic collections are those two types of collections.
Static collection SCCM is explained in the below section of this post. We can’t add user resources into device collection and device resources into user collection.
Device and User collections are another different types of collections. A collection can contain users The membership rules are the brain of the collection.
If not Powershell another way besides right click on Collection and manually run an update collection? And write a filter that would include collections you are after.
EDIT: Typo in namespace, not sure where first backslash came from.
1 hours can still work if I know when I can expect it back. If you need a CAS, definitely keep it but really think about whether you actually need it or need to check the collection evaluator log to see exactly whats going on. i saw problems in my environment around 160 with that setting turned on. i went and disabled incremental updating on about half of those - problem goes database could also be the issue, your cas/primary could be undersized, you could be using a replica thats old, replication could be behind - there's alot of reasons. I think something changed at my whole organization's level most likely. Watch the whole organization devices, and it appears in minutes.